Future Generation Trust offers Governing Bodies and Trust Boards a robust Headteacher Appraisal programme. The programme features three visits to the school or academy, to meet with the Headteacher and relevant committee members spread over a twelve month period.
Initial Target Setting | Visit 1 |
- Meet with Headteacher to discuss potential annual targets.
- Review current school/academy performance, development plan and other contextual information to ensure targets are relevant.
- Meet with Headteacher and Governor committee to discuss and agree targets.
- Following the visit, a detailed document outlining the targets and timescales will be circulated to the Headteacher and Governors within 7 working days.
Visit 2 | Mid Term Review |
- On an agreed date, meet with Headteacher to review evidence of progress against the targets.
- The evidence will then be presented to the Governor Committee for discussion.
- Following this visit a detailed commentary will be circulated to the Headteacher and Governors within 7 working days.
Visit 3 | Final Review |
- On an agreed date, a meeting with Headteacher will take place to consider if the targets have been met. The meeting will review all evidence presented by the Headteacher and there will be opportunity for Governor questions.
- Following the meeting a full review statement will be provided within 7 working days.